Labels

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jacob

One month has passed.... Wow, time really flies!!!

Two weeks ago, my wife and I prepared a special party for
my mother-in-law. She is very sick in bed. She has stomach
cancer. She can not eat, just drink water. I don't know when
she is going back to her home in the heaven. I am so sad.
For the party her children came to my home, and she said
some significant words. It was so touching.

My Third Question:

If you could live only one day, what would you do?

7 comments:

soon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soon said...

As you know I've finished reading The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch just a few days ago.

Actually that book is about your question. He got pancreatic cancer and he had only few months to live and he knew that. So what did he do?

He decided to leave some precious messages for his students(He was a professor in Mellen College) and his 3 children.

I think he really wanted to be with his loving family so he made some things to give his children for helping them to remember him after he died.

Maybe I would do like him. I wouldn't give a lecture to my students or children but I'd just spend time with my family wholy.

April said...

Oh, Jacob! I just found out there is a misspelling in the title of your blog. "Start your ______ engine" Check it..

Before my dad passed away, the thing he did was taking pics with us. My house was a three story building, and we had a beautiful rose garden on the rooftop. My dad took picture with me and my siblings in the garden. Perhaps he wanted us to remember him with the pictures. I think I would do like him. I'll take pictures with my family and write letters to them to let them know how much I've loved them.

chrisphk said...

OH~ Jacob~
Wonderful question~
Your question makes me think about myself and my life~
If I lived one day, I would spend my time with my family and my friend who I like most. And I would try all kinds of delicious foods with them~*^^*

Tranio said...

Hi. Jacob.

I want to live long.
Just one day, no no..
I'm sad.

If I could live only one, I would be a transparency man.
I want to punish a bad guys.
I want to help the poor.
Depriving something of the rich, I would let it shared with the poor.

Bye.

Maria said...

When my mother had an accident and docotors told my family to prepare for the worst case, I thought about what you asked. I regretted being a bad daughter to my mother. I was not a daughter who easily expressed my love and gratitude to my parents. I wished I would have done my best to them. So if I had only one day to live, I would spend my time with my family friends and say that I love them very much.

Nicole said...

Hi Jacob,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's illness. I hope that her passing is peaceful.

Your question could be lighthearted but the connection to your ill Mother makes it a very touching question. I think that we should live all our days as if they could be the last one. I try never to waste a day.